St. Jude Children's Research Hospital
In 1999 St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital. Today, our collegiate members play a critical role in our fundraising for St. Jude with campus events such as Delta Dodgeball, D-Hop and Delta Desserts. Our alumnae chapters support local and regional children’s hospitals and pediatric cancer initiatives across North America and we partner together to support St. Jude’s Walk/Run and Memphis Marathon by forming teams, raising money and volunteering at these events.
Tri Delta 4 St. Jude
- More than $75 million raised in support of St. Jude’s mission to find cures and save children since the partnership began in 1999.
- In 2014, Tri Delta made one of the single largest commitments by a St. Jude partner, pledging $60 million in 10 years. In honor of this commitment, St. Jude named its on-campus, short-term housing facility Tri Delta Place.
- In 2013, Tri Delta celebrated raising $15 million in 3 ½ years to name the Specialty Clinic at St. Jude.
- In 2010, Tri Delta successfully completed its $10 million in 10 years commitment in just 4 years to name the Bone Marrow Transplant Patient Care Floor.
- In 2005 Tri Delta raised $1 million to endow the hospital’s teen room.
Since its founding in 1962, St. Jude Children’s Research hospital has been the world leader in advancing the treatment and prevention of catastrophic diseases in children. In order to achieve founder, Danny Thomas’ vision of “no child should die in the dawn of life”, St. Jude holds a strong set of ethical values, never denying a child treatment based on race, religion or a family’s ability to pay. Over the past 50 years, treatments invented at St. Jude have helped push the overall childhood cancer survival rate from 20 percent to more than 80 percent. St. Jude is primarily funded through partners in the community, like Tri Delta and we feel so blessed to be an integral part of such an amazing cause.
St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital
Over the past 14 years, Tri Delta has raised over $27 million for St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital. Here are our milestones:
1999: Adopted St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital as its national philanthropic partner
2005: Raised $1 million to endow the Teen Room
The Teen Room is a haven for patients, aged 13-19, to get away from parents, nurses, and doctors and be with kids their own age enjoying T.V., video games, computers, arcade games, and much more.
2010: Raised $10 million to name the Patient Care Floor in the Chili’s Care Center
The Tri Delta Patient Care floor provides 19 additional patient rooms, with a parent room attached. This floor houses patients who recently received bone marrow transplants.
2014: Raised $15 million to name the Specialty C-Clinic located in the Patient Care Center at St. Jude
The Specialty Clinic houses a broad range of services for St. Jude patients and nearly every patient will visit during their treatment.